Monday, February 28, 2011

OB appointment...

Today was my 3rd appointment with Dr. E. She did an ultrasound to check the heart beats and the babies look great. It was so reassuring to see them move around especially since I am not feeling a lot of movement yet. It is amazing how differently they look from just 4 weeks ago. The spines were so nice and visible and one of them were doing little sucking motions...so sweet. Baby A is vertex and Baby B is currently breach - I am sure that will change a million times over the next five months.

I have gained about 5 lbs in the last month and my belly is getting very round...but I am sure it is nothing compared to what it will come to look like. My blood pressure was good and low and my urine was negative ... so in general all looks great.

I started a dialog with Dr. E about delivery scenarios. It is still early but the fact that it is twins this time changes the perspective a little bit and there is more things to think about. In the event of pre-term labor before 35 weeks, I will be sent to Portland ... here is to praying for another nice and uneventful 20+ weeks :-)

I feel really good these days - I am tired ... well more tired that usual but not excessively so. I feels great when I can sneak in the occasional nap which is getting a bit more difficult now that Rio is gone. But I feel really happy and I am just so pleased that the appointment went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment