Friday, June 5, 2009

How can life be so right and still so wrong...

Today is a very very sad day for me. My sister just called and told me that they have now begun the end of care for my father.
Life is so fickle and fragile and although I know in my mind that this is best for my dad...that he will now have peace and no longer be in pain. My heart hurts and it is difficult to truly know that I shal never see him again. As I sit here really quiet, I try to listen for the memory of his voice...it seems like I cannot find it right now. I get so scared that I will never hear him again that my memory of his voice will somehow be locked away in my brain forever....
I have many wonderful memories of my dad ... so many of them are rushing through my mind. I feel like they are rushing too fast and I try to grab them all and hold them tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment