Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beta number 2...

Friday was the day for Beta draw number 2....I was excited but had plenty of butterflies in my stomach as I headed to Portland. Sebastian and Olivia came with me for the drive and it was so nice to have them to chit chat with along the way. Sebastian had an upset stomach the day before and was still not on top and Olivia complained about her stomach hurting in the morning as well. I figured that I better take them along as I would not be able to come to school and get them if they got sick and since Rio was in Texas he would not be able to get them either.


The blood draw was quick and easy and then the official waiting began ... wait wait wait!
I was hoping the clinic would call back early in the afternoon ... but nope we had to wait a good long time!

To pass the time, I took Olivia and Sebastian to the dog breeder where we purchased Chompers three years ago. She has puppies again now and they are just so adorable. I would love to add a second doggie to our household .. Chompers needs a friend! The puppies were so cute and Chompers did really well with most of them...I am especially smitten with a little brown one!!

2 o'clock rolls around.. waiting....3 o'clock.. still waiting ... finally at 3:28, exactly as I walk Olivia into dance class, the clinic calls and of course I left my phone in the car! But I had a great message awaiting me on my voice-mail....beta number 2 is **479** and all my levels looked great.

Great number - great doubling time ... Yeah!! Both my betas this time around are higher than with Miss V... L and I have talked about the beta numbers for their previous surrogates and my numbers are right in between theirs .. so what do they mean - well we can now ponder that for the next 15 days! Ultrasound is scheduled for December 27th at 1:30PM and we can't wait to see if one of two small beans stuck around...I am so glad that it is Christmas time with many many other things to occupy my thoughts!

Grow .. grow .. grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment