Monday, November 19, 2012

Power ... glorious power...

It is finally back on!! 

We lost power last night.  After a couple of hours in the dark, I got the kiddos all settled in for bed and asleep and then the power kicked back on around midnight.  Luckily the kids are out of school for Thanksgiving break this week, so I did not have to get them all up in the morning.  I still had to get up and go to school though.

The power was on when I left, but by the time I arrive at school, no power there or at home.  Classes was cancelled shortly there after...and I went back home to find hungry kids and a dark house!

We spent the day in front of the fireplace and with a host of neighborhood kids joining the fun.  Around 3 I gave in and opened the freezer as I knew all the ice-cream would be melting and no good ... so we had a mini ice-cream party ... then voila ... power came back on!!!  YES!!

I am thankful for power!!  ...and winterstorms ~ they make room for some cozy days by the fire :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment