Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving is next week...

...wait a minute that means Christmas is just 39 days away!!!  I love Christmas!!!  But I am not ready for Christmas just yet....yikes!

What I do love love LOVE is that early December will bring the end of the term.  This term has been so hectic.  I feel like I am studying all the time and there is still more to do and learn.  Do not get me wrong I am loving it, but sometimes it would be nice to slow it down just a little bit.  Today we had our exam on muscle physiology and anatomy ... and while I have learned a ton over the last 2 1/2 weeks of covering this subject matter in class, I just feel like there is so much more to learn and that just a few weeks on muscles is not enough.  Anyhow .... exam #3 is done!!!  Only the final is left .. Yippeeee ... 

I have 3 weeks left of this term.  Having 11 credits is definitely preparing me for getting back to school full time and I am really hoping that I will get accepted at OHSU for next summer.  I have two of my old transcripts ready for submission already and as soon as I can get my hands on transcripts for this current term, my application will be in.  The application deadline is January 5th.  I have started the online piece of it and I am a currently working on my application essay to accompany the application.... it is just so exciting.

Another exciting new addition to my schedule is that I am now volunteering at the hospital.  I have the opportunity to be in the ER and to watch and observe the flow of the hospital there.  It is great.  I get to sit with patients who may some extra monitoring and help out with turning over the rooms and run to the lab ... I am loving it.  The best part is that I have ample opportunity to observe the nurses and ask questions when they have time.


No comments:

Post a Comment