Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jane is back home...

Last week we said our "see you laters" to Jane.  Summer break from school is here, signaling that her nine months with us were over.  I told her in the beginning that time as an exchange student would fly by - I do not think she believed me then, but with just a few days left, reality of traveling back home came fast and furious.

It has been an interesting year.  Jane is a wonderful girl.  With any teenager in the house there are ups and downs but how wonderful it has been to get to know her, about her home country and her family.  Olivia will especially miss her as she and Jane shared a room together while she was here.

Wednesday night we did a farewell party for her.  It was a lot of fun.  Neighbors and friends showed up to wish her safe travels.  I know she had a lot of fun and was happy to see everyone one more time before she had to leave.

Thursday morning came quickly and Jane and I left for Portland.  I enjoyed these last few hours with her so much.  We had a great talk about all the fun things she has experienced here and about how she will think it is too HOT at home after spending a year on the Oregon coast.

After a last lunch of sushi it was time to say goodbye.  I gave her a bunch of hugs ... she is so very dear to me and seeing her walk away was a bit nostalgic.  Although she has not resided in my belly, she will forever been one of my girls - and she will always own a piece of my heart.

This has been a great life experience for us and I hope for Jane as well.  She has grown so much over this last year and I know she has learned a ton about herself ... and we have learned a ton too.

Safe travels my dear... you will be missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment