Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Two for Two...

In two days I have had two doctors appointments and got two opportunities to hang out with M&M ;-)!!! Happy to report that it was a great two day!

On Monday we went back to Legacy Medical for a follow-up ultrasound to look at baby V's heart. Everything looked great and her growth is right on target - Tuesday is week 24 and she measured 24 weeks on Monday. We got to see some really cool 3D/4D pictures - totally awesome. I have never seen these types of ultrasound images with my own children so this was great. You could see her profile so clearly and see her tapping her little feet. Her feet by the way measures 4 1/2 cm....no wonder I am really starting to feel her kicks!

Baby V was laying head down. I get lots of "tickles" and punches on my lower belly which would be her very active arms. On the upper side of my belly, I mostly feel her movement on the top right side of my belly....and yep her feet are inching closer to my ribs!!! I have gotten a couple of good whacks!

Both M&M and my hubby was there for the ultrasound - we had a party in that room. I am especially glad that M (IM) was there as she did not get to be present at the last ultrasound. I think watching the baby moving is so gratifying and reassuring.

M&M also brought me a wonderful bag from Italy....it is so nice ...definitely for Mommy time out with NO kids!!! Thank you so much - you are always so kind to think of me. After the appointment we went for delicious chocolate!!! yum...

On Tuesday I had my regular OB appointment at the clinic. M (IM) came out for the appointment. This time we met with the midwife in the practice...what a treat! She is something else! Very nice just shall we say..a bit different! The appointment was good ...well aside for me packing on another 6 lbs during the last 4 weeks. My weight gain is increasing a little more rapidly that I wish. Although at my prior visit I had only gain 2 lbs. The second trimester has historically been the time when I have gained the most weight with my own children as well..but seeing that scale blast past the 150 mark is always a bit scary!


M and I also went to the hospital for a quick tour of L&D. The nurse who showed us around seemed nice. The department is much smaller than at the other hospitals I have delivered at but the facilities seems just fine and I have really only heard good things about it. Hopefully when the time comes they will have an open room for both me and M&M so they can stay in the unit as well.

M stayed for dinner and to visit for a bit after the appointment - it was very nice just catching up and sharing a meal...I love sharing a bit of our organized craziness that we call our life with M&M - just wait to the twinkees come and you will be busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment