Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visitors and the Beach...

This past weekend we enjoyed visitors from Denmark. My dear friend and a colleague stopped by for the weekend and we had so much fun. I got a great walk Friday night showing them a portion of Fort Stevens.
On Saturday we went to Ecola State Park and hiked down the trail to Indian Beach. The hike is about 1 1/4 mile up and down the mountain side ... so a bit strenuous but I managed ..however do not plan to do that one again until after Baby V arrives!
When we got to the beach the tide was out so we got to play in the tide pools and looks at starfish and sea urchins....it was really cool. The kids loves that kind of stuff and the weather was just beautiful.

I enjoyed so much having my friend in town. It is not that often we get visitors from Denmark and it is always nice to share our life with friends and family. Thank you so much for coming!

On Sunday we went for a walk to the local marina - not far but still a good walk when you have 3 kids and the dog in tow. For dinner Sissel and Tanja went shopping and cooked dinner (well Rio handled the grill)...yummy....feed me and I am happy!!

It was a great weekend and I got lots of walking in there! I am trying to keep up a good amount of walking to be in good shape for delivery and also to feel good physically. I am starting to feel the extra pounds on my body and getting more easily tired now...but considering that we are pushing 25 weeks I think that is to be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment