Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Transfer Day...

Transfer day was yesterday and hopefully a sweet little something is settling in for the long haul!

I left the coast after ready the kiddos ready for school and dropping them off. Thankfully last weeks snow had mostly melted and the pass was pretty clear. I met L&J at Hotel Monaco in Portland where we are all staying for the transfer. It looks like a really neat place ... and if you are lonely, you can get a beta fish delivered to your room to keep you company - how cool is that!

I was a bit nervous about meeting J&L; however, after so many emails and phone conversations, it was just really nice to have that in-person meeting. They are both great and I am really enjoying our time together. It is very clear to me that the love being parents and that they truly adore their children - what a beautiful thing to be able to help them add to their family.

We had brunch before heading off to the clinic for transfer. Their five frozen embryos were being thawed in the morning hours and we were all hopeful they would make the thaw. When we got to the clinic, we were checked in and I made sure to take enough water on board. Since I typically stay very hydrated, water filters through me relatively quickly and I had to drain my bladder twice before transfer....and let me tell you it is hard to stop peeing with your bladder is full!!

Two little embryos made the thaw - this made the decision of how many to transfer very easy. The embryos were frozen using a dehydration method ... not an expert on this at all - but as they thaw, the hope is that the embryos take in water to get back to the stage a which they were frozen. These were 5-day embryos and although they were not fully expanded at the time of transfer, it only takes one to stick and we are all hopeful and praying for a great outcome.

I am now on bedrest until Wednesday morning and being well cared for by L&J. I am enjoying getting to know them better and hear more about their family.


Pregnancy test is next Wednesday ... Grow baby grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment