Thursday, July 10, 2014

29 weeks along today...

Baby girl is kicking up a storm in there.  I love feeling her move, roll and kick - it is so life affirming and I am enjoying every bit of it.  She is a very active little girl and while she has some long stretches of rest during the daytime, I feel her bounce around all night long :-)

This week while in the NICU, I was holding a preterm twin for a feeding.  He was such a sweet little boy and as I held him on my lap, she was kicking up a storm toward the firmness from holding the little one.

My clinical rotation is going wonderfully.  I have done 6 12 hour shifts at this point and have loved every single one of them.  It is such a great learning experience.  While the days are long, I feel like I have ample time to sit down to chart and get off my feet for a bit of rest.  I have purchased a pregnancy support belt as well and that helps with keeping some stress of my lower back when standing for long stretches at the time.

The next few weeks will be extremely busy with school as I have a lot of clinical days and extra things scheduled at school.  I will only get to see my kiddos for a very short weekend this coming weekend so I will miss them bunches.  But!!!!  I am almost done with nursing school and that means I am almost back home full time again....I cannot wait to wake up with my kids every single day to hug and love em!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment