Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going home...

Adorable little Mr. N was discharged from the NICU today ... woohoo!!!  So exciting to finally be at the point where he is going home.  We have all been waiting for this day to come and I am so glad that it has finally arrived.

Sebastian and I got up early to get ready for a trip back to the Midwest.  Since we are flying out super early tomorrow morning we were going to Portland anyway to spend the night and that worked out perfectly with today being discharge day.  We drove up early enough to see little N one last time before he went home.  I got a great snuggle in with him at the hospital before taking him and L to the airport.  I will miss them both and although I am sad to say goodbye... well ok not really goodbye but more a "hope to see you later" ... I glad to see them go.

It is a great day but still a bit sad.  Little J is missing from this joyful occasion ~ we all miss him.  For now I count my blessings and be grateful that Little N is going home .. I just feel relief - I feel like I can breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment