Sunday, May 27, 2012

Up in the air...

Surrogacy can bring so much uncertainty - you just never know if things will pan out just right.  There are so many steps in the process and anyone of those can fumble at a moments notice.  Infertility is not fair!  I care very deeply for the families that I have met through this wonderful journey and knowing the struggles they have endured makes me sad....and for A&S I hope and pray that a sweet baby will be in their future soon.

It is so hard to get so close and yet be so far away ... a little bitter sweet to have gotten within reach of transfer only to have it cancelled.  However, as much as I like to control my life, we are not always in charge ... life happens.  Only time will tell where we go from here ~ it truly feels like this is just meant to be and hopefully so it will. 

We are not quite ready to abandon our journey but we are at a stalling point at this time.  Who knows where the next bend in the road will lead us ... we are hopeful it all will work out just peachy but only time will tell.

I have made some incredible friends through surrogacy and even if I never carry another baby I am so incredible blessed for what I have gotten to do.  How magical a ride it has been to help bring home two sweet babies to two very deserving families ... and how amazingly gratifying it has been to develop a special bond with another incredible family.  I truly do appreciate three beautiful intended mothers that I have come to know through this ... I have given openly of my heart to all three of them and in return I have gained so much more.

Prayerful and incredibly blessed ...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I've been thinking about you wondering if you were even prego - I've been away from the computer for a couple weeks. Sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls .. I am hopeful that we will be back on track soon :-)

    ReplyDelete