Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Milk...

My freezer is getting very full of milk.  As a matter of fact, only the basket at the bottom is holding food at this point!   I keep reminding the kids to not to get into the freezer for popsicles and snacks as I do not want to take a chance that they will leave the freezer door open...I am the only one to go in there!!!  Yep the freezer patrol is on :-)

Right now I am waiting to coordinate shipping with L&J.  This will be the first time for me to ship milk out and I am trying to gather as much info as possible to make the shipment successful.  I am a little nervous about it ...  pumping takes a lot of time commitment and in order for it to be good for N, it has to be frozen solid upon arrival so it can go straight to their freezer.

To date I have pumped about 23 gallons of milk ... moo!!  My milk supply is slowly decreasing but I am still keeping ahead of N at this time.  As our upcoming move is quickly approaching, I will be stopping my pumping in the very near future.   But by the time I stop, I hope to have about a 1,000 ounces to ship out to little N and that should keep him on breast milk for a little while longer... every little bit is a good thing.  It makes me happy that I have been able to provide milk for him for as long as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment