Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ouch...


With another price reduction reflected (insert lots of expletives here!!!), we are finally getting some action on the house front.   We have had three showings in the last couple of days which is great news and now we wait ... I will be so happy if we can get the house sold as having both a mortgage and rent to pay is only sustainable for so long. 

However, I must say that I am so unhappy about the price that we are listing at ... it seems so ridicules that the market pricing could decrease that drastically.  I know we are not the only ones in this situation but it truly stinks that as of right now, our listing price is about 40% less that our valuation the home just after we finished building and landscaping just 3 1/2 years ago!  Ouch!

Anyways ... I try not to think about it and instead focus on something else.  Like getting the home we are renting here in order.  The boxes are slowly departing - well aside from all the ones that Sebastian insists are his castle!  Soon I will have the moving company come and pick up the ones to get disposed off - we are keeping the majority of the boxes in anticipation of our next move but at least for the next year we are somewhat settled.

Fall is here and it is getting cold, wet and dark.  Seems like I should be totally used to the rain since it rains all the time in Oregon ... but it is different here in Illinois.  It pretty much down poured all day yesterday ... so depressing ~ but on the upside I got lots of organizing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment