Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Turning 37...

Tomorrow is my birthday and while I am not sure that I am ready to be a year older .. time is ticking!

Sitting here and reflecting on life, I think it is actually a privilege to be turning a year older.  Not everyone will get to celebrate their next birthday and today in particular I am a little sad that J will never get that chance.  I makes me sad to know that we will never get to watch him grow or that his family will never get to see the excitement in his little eyes as he opens them up from making his wish just before blowing out the candles on his cake.  We all miss you sweet angel.

While some lives are cut way to short others are granted longs lives and many birthdays.  My grandmother lived to be 99 and just yesterday Rio's great aunt Helen passed away at the prime age of 103. 

I know better than to take life for granted ~ no one is ever promised tomorrow.  Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a "present."  As I await the dawn of my birthday and look ahead to a year of being 37, I hold close the many special people in my life that I have lost ~ especially my sweet little angel J. 

I am certain that many new adventures lay just around the corner and it sure is fun to make plans for the future.  As fun as it is to make new plans, I also love to reflect on all the wonderful experiences that I have enjoyed so far in my life.  Life goes by so quickly and nothing makes me more conscious of that than watching my children grow.  So here it is ... another year passed another birthday arriving.  My birthday wish this year, is to live more in the "present."  Make the moments count and enjoy the gifts of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment