Thursday, May 26, 2011

Post surgery follow-up...

Today I went back to see Dr. E for my 2-week post surgery follow-up. She is such a wonderful OB and I really appreciate her taking time to talk through my delivery experience. She is so very caring and I have been fortunate to have her as my OB.

My external scar has healed well and I am released to drive and carry on normal activities within limitations as long as I do not feel pain.

I still feel tender - like a tinkling - on my belly. Part of it is due to the healing process from the internal incision and as my stomach muscles moves completely back together. It is also likely due to some nerve damage from surgery and may never entirely disappear - only time will tell on that one.

I am amazed at the amount of weight I have dropped already ... because trust me it is not from lack of eating - my wonderful neighbors have kept me and the family well fed!! I have dropped 16 pounds from the morning of delivery and have just 8-10 more to go to hit my pre-pregnancy weight from October....for good measure, I would like to drop another 10 on top of that to get back to my pre-Magnus weight!!!

As I came home, I received a text from L ... little N is having a bit of trouble breathing the last couple of days and is needing another blood transfusion...my thoughts are with him this morning and I just pray that he will be much better after the transfusion. Baby N ... I know you are a fighter ... breathe baby - breathe and grow!

On another note, today is Magnus' birthday ... my big boy is turning 12! He is getting so big and independent ... wishing him a very happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment