Saturday, November 5, 2011

The petals fell too soon...

I woke up this morning and stumbled across this poem and it just made my heart smile.  Little J would have been almost six months old now.  Despite his brief presence in this world he touched my heart and soul in ways that I cannot explain.   The imprint of his little body snuggled close to my neck the time I held him for the very first time, the light feather weight of holding his little hand, and the soft touch of his little head will always linger in my heart. 

Loosing a baby is the most difficult experience and something that I wish no parent would ever have to endure.  Although I am not the parent, J was mine a little bit too ... and I feel such a strong connection to this sweet little boy whom we lost so soon.  Just like his momma, I miss him every day.  I wish that he did not have to go and that he was still here with all of us.  I feel the heart ache of his parents and the fear that he will be forgotten as other people are afraid to ask about him and talk about him in our presence out of fear of not wanting to hurt our feelings.  

Everyday I think of N and am so grateful that he is here to bless our lives...I believe that his special guardian angel is looking out for his well being every day ... little one where ever you are in heaven, know that forever you touched my life and I will never forget...
   
The world may never notice
If a flower doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.
     author unknown                   

No comments:

Post a Comment